If I have to cancel the lesson, it will be made up within two months.
I can no longer guarantee a makeup lesson if you cancel a lesson and miss a time slot. Most music instructors in the Raleigh/Cary area who have significant teaching loads do not do make up lessons. However, those of you who have been with me for a while knows that I will make every effort to schedule a makeup if at all possible and the reasons for the cancellation are acceptable to me.
To manage your cancellation better, I will use the following guidelines;
1. A minimum three day notice on the cancellation is required. This allows me to schedule someone else’s makeup in your place.
2. The times of the makeup will be a joint collaboration. However, in general, they must be made up within the current month if at all possible.
3. During the summer months it is easier to do a makeup than during the school year.
Please do not attend a lesson if you or your child are in the fever / contagious stage of an illness.
To minimize the spreading of colds and flu:
1. The lesson room and doorknobs are sprayed with Lysol once a day.
2. All students have access to an antibacterial hand sanitizer kept in the lesson area.
If you are getting over a cold or flu, get rid of the reeds (sax/clarinet) you were using around the time of the cold and clean the mouthpiece (flute/sax/clarinet).